Haven’t been blogging for almost a week now, my sister-in-law’s visiting and so totally busy with her. She’s a super fun person to be with, we’ve been pigging out so much , so this week we decided to give ourselves a break and detoxify.
Yesterday was fruit day so we ate a lot of melons. It was tough and I almost gave up, what with all the chores, cooking and running behind the kid – I was beginning to feel really sorry for myself. But its over and done with now.
Today its an all veggies day. So we started our day with a large baked potato along with a pat of butter. I modified that to an oil-free (well practically) Jeera Aloo. My post today is about the lunch – which had cooked as well as raw veggies to satisfy our by now cavernous appetites.
1. Heat oil on a medium burner and lightly saute the ginger and garlic.
2. Add all the vegetables one by one, followed by the salt and pepper. Cook covered for about a minute.
3. Now add a bit of water – to make a little soupy. And complete cooking, covered on low flame.
You can have this with some brown rice, if you like.
Ingredients for the Cucumber Boats: (makes 4)
1. Cut the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving just the crunchy part. Chop up the scooped flesh and keep aside.
2. Finely grate the beetroot and carrot, and chop the chilly finely as well.
3. Mix together the carrot, beetroot, chilly and chopped cucumber flesh along with some salt and lemon juice. Keep aside.
4. Now heat the olive oil and temper the mustard seeds, split urad and add to the salad and mix well.
5. Finally, arrange the salad on the cucumber slices.
You can garnish the boats with coconut shavings and coriander leaves too. So that was lunch!